Issue Briefs provides a space for some of the cutting edge presentations/papers from AIEA conferences to be accessed. If there are particular topics you'd like to see represented here, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Strategic Consulting - The Wyly/Kellogg International Group:
• Dr. John Heyl, CEA Global Education:
• Coalition for International Education
US Department of Education Programs: International Education and Foreign Language Studies
Talking Points for Letters to the US Congress on Continued FY 2011 and FY 2012 Funding
• Letter from Institutions of Higher Education to President Obama on Academic Travel to Cuba
On October 28, 2010, NAFSA: Association for International Educators and AIEA (Association of International Education Administrators), on behalf of 28 American colleges and universities, wrote a letter to respectfully request that President Obama remove the current restrictions to academic travel placed on study abroad to Cuba in 2004. If your institution is interested in offering its support on this issue, please contact NAFSA by sending an email to email@example.com.
• Whither Bologna?
Paul L. Gaston, Kent State University
The Institute of International Education is pleased to announce the publication of a new briefing paper: International Education as an Institutional Priority: What Every College and University Trustee Should Know. This paper, which includes data on student mobility and many resources to internationalize your campus, is intended help college presidents secure buy-in from Trustees and other leaders who may not be thinking globally, yet, and to help those who are doing so to articulate their vision. A printed copy of the briefing paper has been distributed to all IIE member college presidents. An electronic version of the paper is available for download here.
• The International Association of Universities has published its 3rd Global Survey of Internationalization. The report includes data on internationalization policies and attitudes from hundreds of institutions around the world. A summary of findings is available at http://www.iau-aiu.net/content/global-surveys.
• The Value of International Internships in Global Workforce Development
Jennifer Malerich, Arizona State University
• Internationalization and Title VI: New Challenges
Ann Imlah Schneider, International Education Consultant
• Study Abroad for Scientists: Increasing Disciplinary Diversity in Programming Abroad
Preetha Ram, Emory University
• Ecotourism as an Educational Experience
David Urias, Ph.D. & AnnaLisa Russo, Drexel University
• Global Learning through Partnered Inquiry
Rebecca Hovey, SIT/World Learning
• Setting up an International Office: Lessons Learned
Joel Harrington , Associate Provost for Global Strategy, Vanderbilt University
Dawn Turton, Executive Director, Vanderbilt International Office
is the Global University?
Some thoughts from President William Brustein about the importance of internationalizing higher education
AIEA Annual Conference, February 14, 2004. Moderated by Marian St.Onge, Director, Center for International Partnerships and Programs, Boston College; and Uliana Gabara: Dean, International Education, University of Richmond"
• Meeting the Challenge of 9/11: The Need for A Judicious Foreign Policy"
Keynote Address delivered to the AIEA Annual Conference (Tampa, Florida, March 1, 2002) by Edward G. Abington
• The Road Ahead for International Education at U.S. Universities
A presentation (made on October 27, 2001, at Binghamton University, NY) by Dr. Joyce Randolph, Director of International Programs, University of Pennsylvania
• Dialogue of the Americas 2009 Invitation
A retreat of senior international officers modeled on the highly successful AIEA Ghost Ranch Seminars and the AIEA-EAIE Transatlantic Dialogues.
Annual AIEA Global Dialogue: Academic Cooperation Across Borders and
AIEA and corporate sponsor ELS are pleased to announce the 1st Global Dialogue February13, 2010 in Washington , DC . The Global Dialogue will focus on East-West, North-South issues, research collaboration, student and faculty mobility, and joint programs.
• Washington Symposium
A joint effort of NAFSA: Association of International Educators and the Association of International Education Administrators (AIEA), to hear from some of the nation's top thinkers about the impact that external forces and changing political and policy environments are having on higher education and international education. Learn more and register at www.nafsa.org/Symp15.
- "Trends in Global Higher Education: Tracking an Academic Revolution A Report Prepared for the UNESCO 2009 World Conference on Higher Education Executive Summary Philip G. Altbach, Liz Reisberg, and Laura E. Rumbley.
- "IAU Statement on Internationalization: Towards a Century of Cooperation: Internationalization of Higher Education"
- "International Association of Universities Initial Results: 2009 IAU Global Survey on Internationalization of Higher Education"
- "Internationalization: Unintended Consequences?" By Jane Knight, adjunct professor at the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, University of Toronto, Canada.
- "Characteristics of an Internationalized University in South Africa" Nico Jooste, Director, Office for International Education Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University, South Africa
- "Atlas of Student Mobility: Country Profile Data"